Transatlantic Business Award Program Continues to Strengthen Shared Transatlantic Prosperity
The American Chamber of Commerce Estonia (AmCham Estonia), U.S. Embassy Tallinn, and the Baltic American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) are pleased to announce the launch of the second annual Transatlantic Business Awards program!
Dedicated to strengthening transatlantic economic ties and acknowledging outstanding and innovative achievements by Estonian-based companies and individuals in the U.S. market, this program builds upon the success of the previous awards series – Estonian American Innovation Award (2010-2015). Well-known previous winners include companies as ZeroTurnaround, GrabCad, Planet OS and Transferwise. Last year’s Tranatlantic Company of the Year, Testlio, was announced at the Transatlantic Business Conference 2017 in Tallinn. “The U.S. Embassy in Tallinn is delighted partner with AmCham and BAFF for the second year in a row on the Transatlantic Business Awards partnership,” said U.S. Chargé d’Affaires to Estonia Clifford G. Bond. “Recognizing companies and individuals that strengthen our shared transatlantic economic prosperity helps showcase the best that both Estonia and the U.S. have to offer, and we want to continue to highlight these innovative partnerships.”
The Business Awards program includes three separate honors:
- The Transatlantic Company of the Year Award is aimed at highlighting the importance of transatlantic trade and investment between the United States and Estonia, and recognizing the contributions and positive impact made by Estonian companies investing in the United States.
- The Transatlantic Promoter of the Year Award will recognize an individual residing in Estonia or in the United States, who has made significant contributions to promoting entrepreneurship or transatlantic collaboration. The award will honor the individual’s accomplishments in fostering increased entrepreneurial activity, including among diverse groups, and in promoting connections with the U.S. – based entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- The Melissa Wells Corporate Responsibility Award recognizes companies operating in Estonia, who demonstrate ethical leadership and corporate responsibility and who make a positive difference in their communities.
Applications are accepted starting TODAY and until September 30th.
The members of the 2018 selection committee are:
- U.S. Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Elizabeth Horst
- BAFF Board Member Andres Trink
- AmCham Estonia Board Member Andrus Alber
- EAS Representative in Silicon Valley Andrus Viirg
- U.S. startup mentor and angel investor John Sechrest
- Estonian Embassy in the USA Economic Officer Helen Popp
The winner of this award will be announced at the Transatlantic Business Conference 2018 organized by AmCham Estonia on November 7, 2018.
For further information contact:
American Chamber of Commerce Estonia
Email: daria @ amcham.ee