On February 8, around 80 members and guests of all three Baltic AmChams (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) and the Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia (FICIL) had an exclusive opportunity to learn more on the protection of trade secrets as well as lessons learned and best practices from both the public and private sectors. Ingrida Karina-Berzina, AmCham member and former President gave a presentation on the Trade Secrets Framework and Ieva Andersone, AmCham member and Attorney at Sorainen explored the topic Protecting Trade Secrets and Enforcing Rights.
The event was opened by Nathan Brooks, Federal Prosecutor and ICHIP Attorney U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Embassy Bucharest, Romania who also moderated the roundtable discussion with participation of the following experts:
- Ieva Andersone, Member of AmCham Latvia and Attorney at Sorainen
- Ingrida Karina-Berzina, Member of AmCham Latvia and Lecturer of Riga Graduate School of Law
- Sean Kim, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Janis Oslejs, CEO, Primekss Group
- Scott Rask, Assistant United States Attorney, United States Department of Justice
The webinar was hosted by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training, an implementing partner of the U.S. Department of State of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL).