On February 16, AmCham Healthcare Committee members had a chance to meet with the Chairman of the Estonian Health Insurance Fund (now Tervisekassa!!!) Rain Laane.
Rain started the meeting by sharing his 20 slides: “2022 Score Card”
- The importance of vaccination and the 3rd dose
- Promoting healthy life style
- Improving the situation in school around Estonia when it comes to on site nurses
- Regular prevention screenings (this year also including lung cancer screening)
- Engaging with health promoters in smaller municipalities all around Estonia and active health centers
- Satisfactions system for patients
- Mental health issue
- Orthodontics series for children at the teenage stage
- Quality indication for GPs and health centers
- Vaccine damage fund (active as of May 1). Reimbursements starting from €1,000 and up to €100,000
- The importance of health data, its proper usage and creating the new generation data system alongside the Estonian Ministry of Social Affairs
- Updates to www.eesti.ee and its features when it comes to healthcare
- Digitalizing pharmacy systems inside the hospitals that it would be easier for the patient to get their medicine
- Health Data System update: able to share the information if person allows
- Access to all the services regardless where you are located (blood tests, virtual doctor meetings, etc)
This presentation was followed by an active Q&A session where the meeting participants raised questions like
- Healthcare Funding in Estonia
- Lung Cancer screening and Bundle Payment
- Healthcare Data usage (transfer from pdf format to machine-readable format) and data confidentiality issue
- Value-based Healthcare
The meeting ended with Rain highlight one topic that is very important but that we did not have a chance to touch upon – “State Reform of the Estonian Healthcare” and invited to meet again to revisit this topic and other topics later in the year.
A big thank you to Rain and the Estonian Health Insurance Fund (Tervisekassa) for the ongoing cooperation!